Wednesday, August 30, 2006

First day of school

Today is Peyton and Reagan's first day of school at Seth Whitman Elementary School (a brand new school in Belvidere). It's Reagan's first day of school ever. There's a sense of excitement, and apprehension, as I see my youngest daughter move into this next phase of her life.

After arriving at the school, we dropped Peyton off in her second grade class. She's an old pro at this. Then we took Reagan to her class. As we stood in the kindergarten room I heard the quiet sobbing. I looked to my side and saw her red puffy cheeks and tear filled eyes. I was afraid that she would make a scene when it was time for us to leave. Wanting to avoid any type of incident, I leaned toward her and whispered "Lacey, look at her, she's playing and having fun. You don't want her to see you crying, do you?"

When it was time for us to go, Reagan hugged both of us and went back to her playing. She told her mom that she would tell her how her day was, and that it would "probably be good." I'm sure that it will be better for Reagan than it will be for Lacey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home