More Windy City Photos

I thought I had a video clip of this, but all I have is this shot of Peyton eating a hush pup at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. That was monumental because she doesn't ordinarily eat anything other than a few very simple food items (cheeseburger, hot dogs, chicken fingers, maybe some lasagna, grilled cheese, and of course, PB & J sandwiches). Even Lacey liked the hush pups, but I wish I could have had a camera on her when she found out they had shrimp in them. She couldn't believe it, and had she known beforehand she never would have eaten them (I think that's where Peyton gets her finicky appetite from). I didn't have the heart to tell her about the mahi-mahi in them...she'll have to read it here (and verify it here). Now why would Peyton decide to try something like this? You guessed it...a bribe. She's quite a shrewd negotiator.
I was glad that the girls were able to come into the city with Lacey to meet with me, Mike and Ed. Mike will be coming in later with his family, so this was more of a scouting trip to assess how much damage will be wrought when they visit American Girl. In the process, Mike found two great tastes that taste great together (does anybody remember that commercial?)

1 Comments:
Dear Peyton and Reagan,
Are you looking forward to meeting little Corban? Are you getting excited about your family's adoption? When Patience called here the other night, the first thing she told me was that she was going to get to spend time at AG in Chicago with you girls this weekend. I hope you have a really nice time together!
Post a Comment
<< Home