Meet me in Chicago

God in His providence worked things out perfectly this weekend for three old friends to reunite. In high school, Eddie (now it's just Ed), Mike (my twin brother) and me were almost inseparable. In just a few years we created a lifetime of memories. Most high school friendships fade, but this one has stayed strong over twenty five years and thousands of miles. While Mike and I have indivdually had opportunities to meet up with Ed, this one one of only three or four times since Ed moved out west that all three of us have been together.
As it turned out, Mike was coming to visit us for the weekend, Ed had an overnight layover in Chicago, and I was able to arrange some meetings in the city so that I could meet them downtown for dinner. We were so into the meeting that we forgot to take a lot of pictures. But the fellowship was great as we talked about the things we've done and the things God is doing for us now. Ed got to meet my daughters (the last time he saw Peyton she wasn't even a year old, and Reagan wasn't even born).
It was a good time, and I thank God for true friendships.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home