Friday, June 02, 2006

Take me out to the ball game....




Tonight, as the Detroit Pistons were losing to the Miami Heat, the family took in another local sporting event. This time we were able to watch the Rockford RiverHawks. The stadium is about two miles from our house, so it's easy to get to, and we had a great time. As a spectator sport, baseball is probably my least favorite. The games drag on for a seemingly interminable amount of time. However, for some, the slow pace is what makes it appealing. Reagan and I decided to take a walk and see if we could find something more fun to do. That was where Reagan met Rocko the RiverHawk.


While I don't care for the pace of baseball games, the baseball stadium is my favorite sporting venue. I love the lush green grass with the well manicured infield. I enjoy the smell of hot dogs and popcorn and listening to the crack of the bat and the sound of the thud in a catcher's glove when a pitcher is warming up in the bullpen. Since this park is so close, and since the price is so reasonable, I'm sure that we'll be visiting again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home