Easter Weekend

One nice thing about living in Rockford, Illinois is its proximity to Chicago. Today we had breakfast at home, drove to Woodstock and rode the Metra Rail into Chicago, spent six hours in the Windy City, and made it home in time for dinner. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time. Peyton and Reagan visited the American Girl Place, and I escaped without spending a dime there (not counting the cookies that Lacey bought). There was a Garrett Popcorn Shop near the train station, so I was able to buy some delicious caramel corn without having to wait in the long line that is outside the store on Michigan Avenue.

We also made our first visit to Navy Pier. It's a great location with lots to do. We didn't have time to take advantage of everything, but we did visit Build a Bear workshop for the girls' Easter baskets (or, should I say, in lieu of Easter baskets). That saved Lacey a late night trip to the store to buy the contents for the baskets and still made the girls very happy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home