A win-win situation
Last Saturday Lacey had some shopping to do. Our pastor's wife offered to go along with her. Peyton and Reagan were excited because they've become friends with Patience, the pastor's daughter. They were disappointed when Lacey told them that she didn't think Patience would be coming around, that it was just Patience's mother that would be going shopping.
I had a lot of unpacking to do in my office. Just then, I came up with a brilliant idea. If the girls were by themselves, they would do what sisters ordinarily do...antagonize each other until one or both of them ended up crying. However, if there was another playmate, they would set aside the antagonism (a fragile truce at best) and play together. We invited Patience to come over for a play date while the mommies shopped. I was able to unpack the office with very little interruption. Pastor Bixby was freed to complete some errands and prepare for Sunday services. And the girls all had a great time. That was a win-win-win-win situation.
The girls all settled down after playing to watch a DVD. That's when I was able to capture this shot.
I had a lot of unpacking to do in my office. Just then, I came up with a brilliant idea. If the girls were by themselves, they would do what sisters ordinarily do...antagonize each other until one or both of them ended up crying. However, if there was another playmate, they would set aside the antagonism (a fragile truce at best) and play together. We invited Patience to come over for a play date while the mommies shopped. I was able to unpack the office with very little interruption. Pastor Bixby was freed to complete some errands and prepare for Sunday services. And the girls all had a great time. That was a win-win-win-win situation.

The girls all settled down after playing to watch a DVD. That's when I was able to capture this shot.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home