Communication
On the Acres of Hope message board I was directed to this post to learn a little bit about Liberian English. When I say that the girls will speak English, I expect it to be similar to American English, but with a little bit of an accent. After reading this I think that understanding them during the first few weeks will be like playing a game of Mad Gab. Still, I can't wait for the challenge of figuring out what they are trying to say. At least then they will be with us and we'll have plenty of time to work out whatever communication barriers exist.

2 Comments:
I love the pictures of your kiddos they are so darn cute..They have GREAT smilies.
Robin( Acres of Hope soon to be mom of Joseph)
Here is something to remember when communicating with your beautiful girls- they tend to look down when they talk and quitely too. The also will drop consadents off off their words so dog will be do (doou) Good luck. I still have to figure Gracie out some days and that is after 3 years. What an adventure.
Post a Comment
<< Home