They have a family now...
Peyton and Reagan have been absolutely wonderful about this. I'm sure it's hard for an 8 and 6 year old to fully contemplate the magnitude of the change that's about to occur in their lives. We're doing what we can to prepare them, but until they have these new siblings in the house 24/7, they won't fully understand just how much things are going to change.
These pictures are special to us because now our children know about us. They know that they have a family. I remember hearing how Yekekou understood why she and her sister were at the orphanage and how she would ask if she had a family yet. Now she knows. I hope that finding that out brought her as much joy as we have in anticipating their arrival into our family.
Add-on
OK, I have to add to this because I'm in awe. I'm sure a lot of you may not get it, but I get a lump in my throat every time I look at these pictures. Here, half way around the world, are two girls holding a book that I arranged for them. And in the book are pictures of our family. And on the page that they are looking at is a picture of me. And they have just been told that I am going to be their daddy. Isn't that amazing!

8 Comments:
No lump . . . just lots of tears and a sniffly nose. Those are awesome pictures! We're so thrilled for you (and for us, getting 2 more "nieces"). We love you ALL (all 6 of you)!
Anouk
Actual tears here too! I can hardly see to write. . oh I can't wait to get a pic of my little one holding his album, and hopefully wearing his Yankees jersey!
Celebrating with you all,
Brandi
Awesome. I can't wait to show Beth and the girls. We are so excited.
teary too!
I can't wait till our kiddos get our albums too!
Congratulations!
Love,
katy
http://growingmacohana.blogspot.com
I think their smiles have grown!! I can only imagine the joy that fills their hearts as they dream about their family that is working daily to welcome them home. Each time I see their pictures I get a lump in my throat as I contemplate what a wonderful home God is bring them into. What an great God we serve. I know that you all can't wait to hold them --- but I'm fighting Anouk for the next hug!!
You can see it in their eyes!!! They are overwhelmed too! I can't imagine what they must feel like when they look at the album!!! Rejoicing, Denise
Looks awesome! You can really see the genuine smiles on their faces. Little do they know the great family that they are joining! We wish you the best!
Chad & Angie
For a friend that has always made us laugh, every time I read your blog I cry...tears of joy that is. Your passion is contagious and quite evident in your writing.
Praying for you all!
Jan
Post a Comment
<< Home