Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Holiday weekend


The first three day weekend of the summer has come and gone and it was very nice. Our family started it out by seeing Shrek the Third. I'm a horrible movie reviewer. My summary generally boils down to "I liked it" or "I didn't really care for it." In this case, I liked it. If you want a more detailed review, you can go here.

Saturday was a quite day at home. I don't think I left the house (although I kept threatening to go to the gym, I just never got around to doing it.) It rained just about all day, so there wasn't much that we could do in terms of yard work. I spent much of the day trying to salvage parts from my old windows pc.

Sunday was great. After church in the morning we met with the whole Scott family (they made us honorary members for the day) and headed into Grayslake to see Keith and Kristyn Getty in concert. Again, I'm horrible at descriptive reviews, so let me just say I liked it. Having had somewhat of a cynical view of the "Christian music scene", I find the Gettys refreshing. While their performance is good, what makes their music exceptional is the content.

On Monday we had several friends come over for a barbecue. I took my traditional position at the grill and burned several hamburgers beyond recognition. Our guests were kind and refrained from choking on the char grilled hockey pucks. After a few hours of food and conversation everyone went home and the Berryman family hit the sack tired, but appreciative of a good weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat Where is the pic with you and Keith? I wanted to see that on the blog!!

Glad to have you as a part of the family for the day!

See you tomorrow( we won't talk about the Pistons)

Jason

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home