Monday, May 07, 2007

Happy Birthday Reagan

Reagan turned six on Friday. To celebrate we went into Chicago with our friends to have lunch at the American Girl Place. I absolutely love watching my children when they are there. The food is not what I would call "great", but I don't think you go there for the food, you go for the experience. The thing about experiences is that they are almost always better when they are shared. Reagan loved sharing this day with Patience, Morgan, Lindsay, Allie, and Peyton (she would have shared this experience with Evan, but he couldn't get out of there fast enough).


Since it was the Brown's first trip to downtown Chicago, we were able to take in a couple of other local attractions. We went into Chinatown for some of the Cinco de Mayo festivities (apparently they aren't as multi-cultural in Chinatown as I had hoped). I'm not sure what to make of Chinatown. I can't put my finger on it. I sense that some of the stores are "authentic" in that the Chinese population in Chicago go there to purchase items that they need. Other stores seem to be set up to sell the same "stuff" that you can get at any gift shop that sells oriental themed merchandise. According to Shannon and Tricia (who have been to China), there are definitely better bargains to be found in China. I'd like to find an authentic restaurant to try. We did walk into one that was recommended by someone, but upon looking at the menu we decided this was something to try without the girls.

We had a great time and returned home exhausted and wanting to go back again some time soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home