Monday, October 23, 2006

Walt Disneyworld

As the Lions were beginning their new losing streak I decided to try to get my new version of Roxio Videowave to work. After I installed the program about two months ago I discovered that I did not have a powerful enough video card to operate the program. In the process of trying to upgrade my system I fried the motherboard on my primary computer and was forced to move everything to an alternate computer. I upgraded just about everything on that computer and was finally ready to try to work on video production, only to discover that there was a bug in the system that caused me to get a buffer overrun error every time the application was loaded. I played around on the support board long enough to determine that they did not have a "fix" and their temporary solutions were all over my head (I try to not mess with the startup routines on the computer because I don't know how to undo any damage that I might do).

That was all a long introduction to say that yesterday I found a new hotpatch on the support site for Roxio. It worked perfectly and now I am able to create videos. There are a number of advantages over the prior version that I was using (that I won't bore you with). I played around for just a bit and was able to generate this video from our most recent (last January) trip to Disneyworld.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home